When you have purchase a new set of sails these will need to be measured by an approved UK Fireball Association Sail Measurer. In exchange for measurement of your sails a small fee will be payable. Sails are stamped and signed.
The following people are currently approved sail measurers:
- Vince Horey - South East (Herts / Essex) 01920 877474 or 07740 816611
- Gavin Tilson - South (Oxfordshire)
- Becky Priest - Midlands (Nottingham) 0115 846 9205 or 07974 129046
- Martin Walker - South East (Brighton) 01273 328190 or 07977 008172
- Chris Turner - South (Emsworth) 01243 371236 or 07740 785763
If you buy a brand new Fireball fully fitted out it will normally be supplied measured. If you choose to fit out your boat yourself it will need to be weighed and/or measured before a certificate can be issued.
Measurement at International Events
At European and World Championships full measurment of the boat will take place. This is undertaken by a team of measurers at the event and a 10 minute slot will be allocated.
This will involve:
- Weighing the hull - this is done using an extremely accurate electronic balance.
- Measurement of hull
- Measurement of mast bands
- Weighing of mast tip weight
- Weighing of rudder
- Weighing and checking shape of centreboard
- Checking spinnaker pole dimensions